Strawberry Coconut Bread to Celebrate the Holidays (Dairy & Gluten Free)
Strawberries are always present in my home either fresh (organic) or frozen, especially in the winter time. Apples on the other hand are available all year round, so there is not shortage of this wonderful fruit.
- 1 cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour blend (I used Robin Hood flour)
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- 1½ teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut yogurt
- ¼ cup Earth Balance (or any dairy free spread)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup strawberry, puree (may use fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup apples, puree
- 1️⃣ Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a bread loaf pan using a vegetable oil spray or PAM baking spray.
- 2️⃣ Remove the stems of the strawberries and cut them in half. You may also use frozen strawberries, especially in the winter time. Puree the strawberries in a food processor. My personal favourite is the NinjaMaster Pre Pro System.
- 3️⃣ Peel the apples using a vegetable peeler with a larger grip for your comfort. Cut the apple into quarters, cut out the core and puree them in food processor.
- 4️⃣ In a large bowl, cream vegetable spread and sugar together. Add the vanilla extract and mix until thoroughly combined. Add one egg at a time to the mixture until combined.
- 5️⃣ In a medium bowl add the gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
- 6️⃣ Add the dry ingredients to the creamed vegetable spread mixture. Mix until fully combined
- 7️⃣ Add the strawberry puree, apple puree and coconut yogurt to the cake batter. Mix until fully combined.
- 8️⃣ Pour mixture into greased pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Check your bread because all ovens are different. Use a toothpick to check if the centre is done.
- 9️⃣ Cool completely before serving.
- ✔ Store in air-tight container, refrigerate and eat bread within a week.
- ✔ Store in air-tight container and freeze up to 2-3 months.
- ✔ Toast a slice of bread on toaster oven and add on vegetable spread. Enjoy it with your favourite cup of tea.
Strawberries are always present in my home either fresh (organic) or frozen, especially in the wintertime. Apples on the other hand are available all year round, so there is no shortage of this wonderful fruit. What makes this Strawberry Coconut bread so special? ✔ Dairy Free and Gluten Free ✔ Reduced added sugar. Apples are an excellent way to add natural sweetness and moisture to your bake goods. ✔Strawberries are an excellent source of Vitamin C, potassium and fibre. Let's compare:
- 1 cup pureed Strawberries = 144mg vitamin C, 5.5 g fibre and 11.9 g sugars
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice = 131 mg vitamin C, 0.5 g fibre and 22 g sugars