Summertime Recipe: Souvlaki Paneer Kebabs
Last month, a summer BBQ veggie side, the Souvlaki Paneer Kebabs, was shared with the arthritis community.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 wooden skewers
- 1 piece of Paneer, about 12 oz, cut into bite-sized squares (approx. 28 cubes)
- 1 small red onion, quartered, segments separated
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 14 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small zucchini, thickly sliced
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes to avoid burning in the oven.
- Preheat oven at 425 °F and prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, yogurt, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic. Set aside.
- Kebabs: Arrange paneer and vegetables onto the skewers. Each skewer should have between 3 and 4 pieces of paneer alternating with assorted vegetables.
- Place kebabs on the baking sheet and coat them generously with the dressing.
- Roast for about 12-15 minutes or until cheese starts melting.
Early this year, I participated in a project for the Arthritis Society's living-well program in which a recipe with anti-inflammatory properties will be featured in the coming months. Last month, a summer BBQ veggie side, the Souvlaki Paneer Kebabs, was shared with the arthritis community.