Easy Feta Baked Avocado Egg Inspired by the MedDiet Challenge
- Pizza Peel
- 2 avocados cut, halved with some of the centers spooned out. Large avocados work better, but whatever is accessible to you works just as well.
- 4 eggs
- 1-2 green onions, chopped
- 4 tbsp feta cheese, grated
- Paprika, dried basil, salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgen Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Fill each avocado half with an egg. It's easier to pour the eggs in a medium bowl and scoop out the egg yolks to put in the avocados.
- Add green onions, paprika, salt, pepper, dried basil and drizzle with EVOO
- ️Bake in a preheated oven at 425 °F for 15 to 20 mins, more or less based on your doneness preference.
- Add feta cheese and serve immediately.
Does the New Year inspire you to reconsider your personal health goals or start a new habit altogether? You are not alone; a survey by Ipsos for Urban Plates showed that eating healthier and being more active were the top New Years’ resolutions in America. That’s a lot of pressure for us, especially when we face competing priorities with family, school, and devious inflammatory conditions. So, what does a baked avocado egg recipe have to do with our resolutions? This year, Oldways -a non-for-profit organization dedicated to inspiring people to embrace and enjoy heritage diets, such as the Mediterranean Diet-, initiated a challenge called “Make Every Day Mediterranean” to promote the benefits of this healthful and delicious lifestyle. I began to follow the meal plan, and the effect on my energy and pain levels has been extremely positive. This challenge inspired the Feta Baked Avocado Egg, and that’s when I realized that we could establish a positive habit at any time of the year as long as we set our goals and surround ourselves with positive encouragement.