Highlight on Hemp Seeds with Cocoa Chia and Hemp Goodness
I recently started a "Cannabis Corner" on my Instagram account to demystify cannabis in all its forms, including Hemp.
- 3 tablespoons Chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons Hemp Hearts
- 1 cup coconut milk (or your choice of plant-based beverage)
- 1-2 tablespoons cocoa nibs
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey (optional)
- Fruit of choice
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir with a whisk. Pour it into a mason jar and let it sit for two hours or overnight in the fridge. Add your favourite toppings.
I recently started a "Cannabis Corner" on my Instagram account to demystify cannabis in all its forms, including Hemp. I am also on a quest to create quick and easy recipes with anti-inflammatory properties, especially when meal planning and cooking are out of the question due to fatigue and pain. I tell you when fatigue hits; I can't be a Martha Stewart in the kitchen. It's too tiring. Hemp refers to the Cannabis Sativa Cultivar grown for industrial and food purposes. Hemp seeds and their derivatives (i.e. hemp oil and flour) are a powerhouse of nutrients & antioxidants. Hemp seeds have a nutty flavour giving a great complement to your smoothies, salads, granola, oatmeal, and even your berry sauce toast. They are packed with highly digestible plant-based protein and anti-inflammatory fats such as gamma-linoleic which support the production of endocannabinoids, which are chemical compounds that bind to specific receptors in our bodies to promote balance and wellness. Other nutritional benefits:
- Promotes heart health as hemp seeds contain Omega 3s, and amino acids, such as arginine that promote nitric oxide production, helping dilate blood vessels.
- Promotes muscle health due to its high-quality protein, magnesium, phosphorus and zinc.
- Contains potent antioxidants such as tocopherols which are precursors of vitamin E.